Murat Yakin is a successful Swiss professional football manager and former player, currently coaching the Switzerland national team for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
He has a net worth of $5 million, mainly from his earnings as a football coach. Yakin has managed several clubs such as Grasshoppers, Basel, and Spartak Moscow before taking charge of the Switzerland national team.
Under his tenure, FC Basel won the Swiss Super League twice and beat Chelsea twice in the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League. Yakin was also awarded the Swiss Young Player of the Year in 1994 and has played 49 international games for Switzerland.
About Murat Yakin
Murat Yakin was born on 15 September 1974 in Basel, Switzerland. Basel is a city located on the Rhine River in the northwest part of Switzerland, known for its rich cultural heritage and thriving art scene. He managed several football clubs like Basel, Spartak Moscow, and Grasshoppers before he took charge of the Switzerland national team on 9 August 2021.
|Full Name||Murat Yakin|
|Current Team||Switzerland (Head Coach)|
|Date of Birth||15 September 1974|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Murat Yakin began his coaching career in 2011, first serving as a coach for FC Basel’s U21 team. He then went on to manage several football clubs, including:
- FC Basel (2012-2014): Yakin led the team to win the Swiss Super League in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. He also guided them to victories against Chelsea in the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League group stage.
- Spartak Moscow (2014-2015): Yakin briefly managed the Russian team before returning to Switzerland.
- Grasshoppers (2017-2018): Yakin coached the Swiss club for one season.
After managing these clubs, Yakin took charge of the Switzerland national team on 9 August 2021, successfully guiding them to qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2022. His tenure has included victories against strong opponents such as Spain and the Czech Republic in the 2022-23 Nations League.
|Switzerland||2021 – Present||16||7||4||5|
Murat Yakin had a distinguished playing career as a center-back, representing two major Swiss clubs:
- Grasshoppers (1992-1997): Yakin started his senior career with the Grasshoppers, winning the Swiss Young Player of the Year award in 1994.
- FC Basel (2001-2006): Yakin played 114 domestic games for Basel, scoring 26 goals. He won three Swiss Super League titles (2001-02, 2003-04, and 2004-05) and two Swiss Cups (2001-02 and 2002-03) during his tenure.
In addition to his club career, Yakin earned 49 international caps for the Swiss national team between 1994 and 2004, scoring four goals. He represented his country in Euro 2004 and participated in the 2003 FIFA charity “Match Against Poverty.”
Murat Yakin Net Worth, Salary, and Earnings
As of 2023, Murat Yakin’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. His wealth has been accumulated through his successful career as a football player and coach.
Salary Yakin earns an impressive salary of £2.5 million per year as the head coach of the Switzerland national football team. This income is primarily due to his role in leading the team to the FIFA World Cup 2022 and the successes he has achieved throughout his coaching career.
Murat Yakin’s Girlfriend/Wife
Anja Muller Yakin is the wife of Murat Yakin, the accomplished Swiss football player and coach. The couple got married in 2011, and they have been together ever since, supporting each other through the various stages of Murat’s career.
Hakan Yakin, born on February 22, 1977, is the younger brother of Murat Yakin. Like his brother, Hakan was also a professional footballer who showcased his skills on various teams during his career. He played as an attacking midfielder and forward and was known for his technical abilities and goal-scoring prowess.
Club Career Hakan Yakin represented several Swiss clubs throughout his career, including:
- Grasshoppers (1995-1997, 2003-2004): Hakan played for Grasshoppers during two different periods, winning the Swiss Super League title in the 1995-96 season.
- FC Basel (1998-2001, 2005-2008): During his time with Basel, Hakan won two Swiss Super League titles (2001-02 and 2007-08) and one Swiss Cup (2007-08).
- BSC Young Boys (2004-2005): Hakan had a brief stint with BSC Young Boys, where he continued to display his skills as an attacking midfielder and forward.
In addition to these clubs, Hakan also played for various international teams, including Paris Saint-Germain, VfB Stuttgart, and Galatasaray, among others.
International Career Hakan Yakin was a prominent player for the Switzerland national team, earning a total of 87 caps and scoring 20 goals between 2000 and 2011. He participated in numerous international tournaments, such as the UEFA European Championship (2004 and 2008) and the FIFA World Cup (2006 and 2010). In Euro 2008, Hakan was Switzerland’s top goal-scorer with three goals.
Murat Yakin is 49 years old (as of 2023).
Murat Yakin’s height is 186 cm (6 ft 1 in).